Being charged with a criminal offense has serious implications. Depending on the severity of the crime, you could be facing large fines and possible jail time. A conviction could haunt you for years, keeping you from obtaining employment, gaining entry into the military or admission into educational institutions. Our firm understands the serious implications that accompany a criminal charge. No matter the severity of the offense, we fight hard to achieve the best possible outcome. Don't trust just anyone to defend against your criminal charge.
Our firm has defended clients from all walks of life from criminal charges for over a quarter of a century. When a person is accused of a crime, they are constitutionally guaranteed the right to an attorney. When you or a loved one is facing serious criminal charges, its critical that you have the right attorney for the job; you need experienced litigators fighting on your side. Our team is composed of tenacious litigators who thoroughly examine every inch of our clients' cases to learn all the facts and develop smart defenses to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients facing criminal charges. We investigate the allegations and the investigation itself, leaving no stone unturned. This comprehensive approach can allow our team to expose the prosecution's weaknesses and bolster our clients' strengths to increase the likelihood of achieving the best result possible. Unlike other firms, we practice in every level of the criminal justice system. Whether your charges are municipal, state, or federal rest assured our team has the experience and know-how to protect your rights and provide a top-notch defense.
Our criminal defense team includes a former prosecutor of nearly a decade and a half, Daniel Slotchiver. His work in prosecution provided him with the experience and insight necessary to build a solid criminal defense. Under his leadership, our criminal defense team is able to help determine which facts and arguments build the prosecution's case and those that tear it down. Due to our firm's unique insight, our firm is able to craft strategic legal arguments that undermine the prosecution's position to increase the likelihood of achieving the best possible resolution of our clients' criminal charges. Our work in criminal defense is a substantial part of Slotchiver & Slotchiver, LLP's tradition of excellence. Let us put that tradition to work for you.
We handle a number of criminal charges and cases including:
- Armed Robbery
- Assault & Battery
- Assault & Battery of High and Aggravated Nature
- Attempted Murder
- Criminal Domestic Violence (CDV)
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Driving While Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving Under Suspension (DUS)
- Heroin / Opiates Related Charges (Simple Possession / Possession With Intent to Distribute (PWID) /Trafficking / Manufacturing)
- Involuntary Manslaughter
- Marijuana / Marijuana Concentrate / Hash Related Charges (Simple Possession / Possession With Intent to Distribute (PWID) /Trafficking / Manufacturing)
- Methamphetamine Related Charges (Simple Possession / Possession With Intent to Distribute (PWID) /Trafficking / Manufacturing)
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol (MIP)
- Public Disorderly Conduct
- Public Intoxication
- Tax Evasion
- Traffic Related Offenses (Failure to Stop for Blue Lights / Reckless Driving / Vehicular Homicide / Fleeing Scene of Collision)
- Voluntary Manslaughter
- Weapons Charges (Possession of a Weapon During a Violent Crime (PWDVC) / Felon in Possession / Illegal Weapons / Sale or Transfer)
- White Collar Crimes ( including violations of Banking, Tax & Securities Laws)
For more information on other charges we can help defend you against, please click here.